Friday, March 26, 2010

Good News from Gilda Jacobs!!!!

I received this email from Senator Gilda Jacobs this morning in response to my email yesterday! Great news!

Thank you for contacting me regarding proposed retirement bills before the Michigan Legislature. I appreciate you taking the time to write and express your concerns regarding this legislation and the opportunity to respond.

It was highly anticipated that Senate Bills 1226 and 1227 would be voted on in the Senate on Thursday, March 25, 2010. However, the bills were not taken up as the Republican Leadership was unable to muster the votes to pass the bills. My Senate Democratic Colleagues and I see the proposals as unfairly singling out public employees and want a comprehensive solution to the budget problems where everybody shares the pain. I understand that the House of Representatives will be working on the bills over the next couple weeks, and the proposals may come back before the Senate after the spring break.

Again, thank you for contacting me on this important issue. I hope this information is helpful and that you will feel free to write me again on issues and legislation of concern to you.

Sincerely,
GILDA Z. JACOBS
State Senator
14th District